Thursday, November 9, 2006

Show Day in Washington, DC

Yep, that was the best sleep I've gotten since I was home in September. I actually slept for 7 hours straight. Awesome. I feel like a million bucks.

Our gig today is at the Patriot Center at George Mason University out in Fairfax, VA – in the DC suburbs. The promoter is IMP, who own and operate the 9:30 Club, my favorite club in America. Back when I tour managed the Squirrel Nut Zippers, we played there a LOT. During one two-year stretch, we did 7 sold-out shows there. I know a lot of folks there and have driven up to see a lot of great shows there over the years. Ed, the GM of the club, is our promoter rep today. And of course he brings me a new supply of 9:30 Club t-shirts. Thanks, Ed! They'll be seen in the finest venues all over the world.

Korn's front-of-house guy has come out today, to help our FOH guy get the PA a little more tweaked. He's never used this system before this tour, and he's not completely happy with it. The Korn dude musta put the whammy on it, because I went out to watch the first song, and I swear to you on a stack of Budweiser beer, I had to leave after that one song. It was just SO FUCKING LOUD it made my ears hurt. They're still ringing like a bitch as I'm typing this, 3 hours later.

Here's a shot of Patrick Murphy, one of our audio techs. Kinda ran out of gas. Check out the sign:




I guess whoever made the sign was too tired to spell "too" correctly, too.

Bus call is 4am tonight. I'm just doing a little websurfing until about 1, then I'll head out to the bus. We're in Hampton, VA tomorrow and I have friends coming to the show from Raleigh…

No comments: