Monday, November 13, 2006

Show Day in Orlando

Man, I slept good last night. I was waaay off the deep end when my alarm went off this morning. I usually wake up before the alarm, but not today. You can go days and days on 4 or 5 hours of sleep just fine, but sooner or later your body needs to catch up and will go long, deep, and hard.

Today's show is at the UCF Arena in Orlando, Florida. I'm not a big fan of this building. It's pretty much just an overgrown high school gym. Not what I'd call a good place to put on a show, but hey, they didn't ask me…

Bad news today. Catering sucks ass.

Worse news. Gonna have the same catering company for the shows tomorrow and Wednesday in Tampa and Miami.

Maybe it's me, but isn't an omelette supposed to involve scrambled eggs? Evidently not here in Florida. What I get is a fried egg folded over my mushrooms and cheese. I mean, yeah, it's all the same stuff that woulda been in there, but it ain't the same. Even worse is the very strange Guido fuck caterer dude who hovers over you from the other side of the serving table as you snag your chow. Creepy.

It never got better at lunch or dinner. The food was just shit. No need to give ALL the details as it would take far too long to do so. I told our promoter rep George to fire their ass and find someone else for the next 2 shows…

George will be riding on my bus tonight and tomorrow night to the next two shows, so he'll have to be eating this shit, too.

Other than the crummy food for 3 days in a row, life's a bowl of cherries. Today is Day 43 of this tour, which means there's 39 days to go until I fly home.

Oh, yeah. WTF is up with this?

No comments: