Monday, March 12, 2007

Show Day in NYC

Madison Square Garden. Sold out show. Not bad. This guy can sell tickets. I'm busy as hell all day since I'm joining the tour 15 shows into it. Lots to get caught up on. One problem – I've been using Excel to do my accounting work for the last 14 years and as of today I'm having to use QuickBooks. Had to send the runner to the Apple store in SoHo to get the software and off I go…

Out to the bus around midnight to head to DC. I'm riding on one of the two band buses. Eight buses total on this tour. Josh's bus, 2 band buses, 4 crew buses and 1 bus for the support act. My bus is brand spanking new and has condo bunks, which means that there are only 8 bunks (4 stacks of 2) instead of the usual 12 (4 stacks of 3). So each bunk is taller. But because I’m now the 8th guy on this bus, there won't be a junk bunk for backpacks and such anymore. Sorry 'bout that, guys. Also, I've kicked the road manager Ivan out of his bunk because when I cut my deal with Dennis the tour manager last Thursday I insisted on a bunk in one of the front racks. I feel kinda bad about doing that to a friend, but oh well…

No comments: