Friday, March 30, 2007

Day Off in Los Angeles

Forgot to post an entry from March 3, when I threw a party that involved rock n' roll, hard liquor, blood and one of my neighbors. It's available for you to read now. Worth going back for, I promise...

****************************************************

OK, so this is what the view looked like yesterday from my hotel room. It's a great view of the Hollywood Hills, where all the movie stars and rock stars live. You can see the famous "Hollywood" sign to the right in the second photo.


(click on image to enlarge)



(click on image to enlarge)

Here's what my view was like today, when that big ol' fire you saw on all the national news channels was raging like a mofo and trying to burn down LA. Again, the "Hollywood" sign is visible to the right:


(click on image to enlarge)

In this shot, you can see that most of the smoke has now gone white, which means the firefighters have almost put it out:


(click on image to enlarge)

It was kinda weird watching CNN on the TV in my room and seeing fire footage being shot with cameras mounted in helicopters that I could see out my window.

****************************************

My day started about 8, when I rolled out of bed, checked email, and then wandered down the street to Borders. They weren't open yet (it was only 9:15), so I went and sat outside at Starbucks, had a drink and a scone, and read the LA Times.

After that, back to Borders to cop a magazine, then back to the hotel.

Went to the hotel gym around noon to check it out. Gotta be the best gym I've ever seen at a hotel and believe me, I've stayed at one hell of a lot of hotels. Hit the treadmill - walked about 3½ miles, and ran 2½. Felt great! Grabbed a sandwich across the street and ate it in my room while watching Wednesday night's episode of "Lost."

Putzed around the room all afternoon, took a few calls, made a few. Got an email about possibly doing tour accounting for the John Legend tour, but I’m busy. Never fails that every year after I get a gig, they all start popping up. Also got a call from Chris Daughtry's tour manager, who wanted to check my schedule to see if I could come work for him. When it rains, it pours…

Not going out tonight, because Blaine and I are heading over to the Staples Center at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Stay in, websurf, blog, and watch TV. In bed shortly after 11…

No comments: