Monday, July 10, 2006

Day Off in Indianapolis

I was in my bunk and fast asleep by midnight last night following the game. Good thing, too, as we keep doing the same stupid shit - leave by midnight, arrive at the hotel at stupid o'clock, get thrown off the bus, and go to an oven of a room that you can't sleep in. Soooo…

Once again, I throw my stuff in my room, crank down the AC, and go walk around the downtown area for a couple of hours. I've stayed in downtown Indy so many times now that I pretty much know where everything is, but hey, what else am I gonna do at 5am?

A lot of folks call this India-no-place, but I like it here. Hell, John Hiatt's from here, what's not to like?

I head to the 24-hour Steak & Shake and grab a shake to walk with. Contradictory, huh? Exercising (ok, walking) and drinking a milkshake AT THE SAME TIME!

So sue me. I wanted a shake.

Walk by the mall to see what movies are playing – gotta plan my movie viewing for these 3 days off. Hit a part of downtown I haven't been to before, and find some cool buildings and an amazing veteran's monument/fountain. I'd show ya a photo, but I didn't have my camera with me.

Note to self: buy a smaller camera, one you can put in your pocket. That way you're more likely to carry it around than your super-duper killuh camera which is a little big.

Get back to the room around 7:30 and manage about a 90 minute toss 'n turn session. When I get up, I work for a bit, then go see a mid-afternoon movie, the new Pirates. Don't waste your money, the first one was waaaaaaaaaaay better. It's not that it's bad, it's just not that good. They really could have edited it down by 30 minutes or so. Maybe I'd have liked it better if they did.

Go back to the mall for dinner later – Johnny Rocket's. Only fast food place I know of that serves Boca Burgers, which I think are the best veggie burgers you can buy.

Watch a little TV, in bed by midnight. Lotta rain coming tomorrow, and I gotta go do laundry in the morning…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. There seems to be a pattern here. Men have hot flashes too?

Anonymous said...

I have a shake every day...think outta the cup