Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Show Day in Marysville, CA

Thought For The Day:

I was looking at a one-dollar bill just now. Have you ever wondered if the one-dollar bills in your pocket were ever in a stripper's butt crack?

Moving on now…

Show today in Marysville, CA. We're talking middle-of-nowheresville, about 40 miles from Sacramento. I've been here 5 or 6 times and for the life of me, I can't figure out how they couldn't find some land for sale a little closer to town. Forty miles? Really?

I woke up at 6am, waaay early for our 9am load-in. No venue people around at that time, although Jill, the local caterer, and her staff were going to town in the kitchen area. Jill owns the catering company and she's a total sweetie. Easy on the eyes, too. She did three of my "So You Think You Can Dance" shows here in California last year, which is where I met her.

I really wanted to grab a shower, but all the dressing rooms were locked. Lucked out when I found a men's room near catering that was open AND had a shower. Score!

The temperature eventually reached 103 degrees around 3pm. Pretty brutal, but my butt was sitting in a 70 degree office all day, listening to music and getting it done!

My nephew and his wife came to the show tonight. They arrived 15 minutes into the band's set though, by which time I was too busy to go see them and say hello. Hope they had a good time…

On the bus and in my bunk around 2:30am. Day off in San Diego tomorrow!

Oh, yeah, got this today and I think it's funny...You may need to click on the image to enlarge it.

2 comments:

Cheyrl said...

Too funny!

Unknown said...

i saw a WalMart employee the other day and she was all bent over putting stuff on the bottom shelf...her butt crack was showing...I shoulda stuck a dollar bill in there while I was walking past... :)