Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hey, you! Get back to work!

OK, OK, I'm finally going back on the road. I've been home since June 22nd and I swear, I've been busier at home than I was on the road for last six weeks. I finally wrapped the last of the hotel details on Monday, finished off the remaining cash reports and FedEx'ed the lot of it to London and LA on Tuesday. At 5:35pm Tuesday, I walked out of the FedEx office and went straight to get a cold beer!

One thing I've meaning to write about was my recent addiction to Facebook. Being honest, it's part of the reason I haven't been blogging much lately. Pretty much went cold turkey on it Monday morning. I was pretty good for a few days, but it's hard not to spend 5 or 10 minutes on it every day. It's like crack or Starbucks, you just crave it and crave it…

So anyway, I flew to Portland, OR, today. Having attended a going away dinner last night on the Ale House Deck that I stayed at waaaay too late, I didn't really feel my best when I got up at 7am this morning. I still had a million things to get done before I could leave and wasn't moving too quickly.

Had a 1:00pm cab scheduled to take me to the airport and flew first to Dallas, then on to Portland on American Airlines. First Class seat on both legs, schweet! The flight out of Dallas was delayed by a little over an hour, and we finally got on the ground in Portland at about 9:15. Made the hotel by 10 and went pretty much straight to bed. Gonna be an early and long day tomorrow…

No comments: