Sunday, June 1, 2008

Show Day in Landgraaf, Netherlands

Woke up at 5:30 this morning. I guess my sleep deficit has equalized for now. Lobby call was 8am, then off we went to the Pinkpop Festival.

One of the cool things at today's site was this gigantic crane lift. Spragoo and I had taken a walk out front to explore the site, and went over to check it out. It was five Euros to take a ride. You'd cruise for a few minutes on the way up, then spend five minutes at the top, then a few more minutes coming back down. I would have spent the money (about $8 usd), but Spragoo has a thing about heights and I wasn't going up alone. The lift:

While we were out there, Gavin DeGraw was onstage. My buddy Brian Dennis (from Chapel Hill) plays guitar in Gavin's band. You might know him as the guitar player from Dag, or before that, Mr. Potato Head, who were probably the Triangle area's most popular cover band of the late 80's and early 90's.

I had my camera out just as Gavin was introducing all the band members, so I got these shots of Brian on the big video screens:


Also got this shot of him from the other side of the field:

And here's a shot of him shot from behind, showing the audience, some 63,000 strong:
Homeboy doing well for himself.

As for my guys, Rage played much earlier tonight, going onstage at 9:30. It figures, since we only have a 2 hour bus ride tonight to Antwerp. I finally headed out to the bus a little after 1am…

(As always, click on any photo to enlarge.)

1 comment:

Koen said...

Hey Bob, don't you have photo's of Rage at Pinkpop or Rock en Seine? I was up front at both shows, maybe you photographed me :)

Anyway I'd love to see them if you have them.

Thanks!
Koen from Holland