Friday, June 13, 2008

Day Off - Travel to Modena, Italy

Amazingly enough, we pulled up to the airport terminal ahead of schedule. I had woken up about 5 miles back, and we pulled to the curb at about 5:15. With our first flight scheduled for 6:45, all was good.

And even better, I'd gotten over 2.5 hours of sleep, which is waaay more than I thought I would. I catch a lot of hell from some of my buddies on the crew for crashing early on bus rides, but I'd rather get what sleep I can, when I can.

I think Sooner found a new hat at the airport:

The flights were both painless. Turns out that Brussels Air has more legroom in coach than any airline I've ever flown. I slept for about an hour on the first flight, and another hour or so on the second.

At the hotel, a few of us sat outside and enjoyed an amazing and tasty lunch, then everyone retired to their rooms for a few hours, with a plan to meet up for dinner.

Spragoo and I met up around 6pm and sat outside for a bit:

All 12 of us eventually made it to the hotel's restaurant, where we had what I though was one of the best Italian meals ever. The food was stupid good.

Back in my room around 10:30…

No comments: