Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day Off in Jonkoping, Sweden

Whew! Long way to get here. Took 12 hours of driving and 2 ferry rides. I woke up about 6:30am, a few minutes before we reached the first ferry, which would take us to Denmark from Germany. Only Robert, Sooner and I got off the bus and went up top on the ferry for the 45-minute journey. I never stay on the bus on ferry rides. If that sucker goes down, I'd rather have a shot at a life preserver and a lifeboat than to be stuck in the bus inside the hull.

The windmills as we were leaving Germany:

I have no idea what this building is, but it was off to the left during the ferry ride and it looked interesting enough for a photo:

As we drove across Denmark, Robbie (our bus driver) stopped for fuel. I ran inside and found these:

Tall boys, no less. Made my day.

Made it to the hotel about 2:30pm. We're staying at the lovely Elite Stora Hotel here in Jonkoping, a tiny town a couple hours away from tomorrow's festival site. This is the closest hotel we could get a dozen rooms at, as there really are no hotels near the site.

During a short walk around the hotel area, I spotted this building:

Met Spragoo and a few others downstairs around 5:30 to start the evening's festivities. We sat outside at the hotel bar for a bit, then went next door to TwinCity, a large restaurant with great food and beer selection. Eventually, all 12 of us wound up over there this evening, although not all at the same time.

This town is pretty interesting. I've never seen so many beautiful women in one place. Blondes, Blondes with shockingly white hair, and brunettes with stunning blue eyes. Everywhere you turn…

Made it back to the hotel by 11 and in bed by 12:30.

No comments: