Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Day Off in Berlin

Got up around 8am and felt like a million bucks. I don't think I've ever had a hangover from drinking German beer, as long as that was all I drank. Made the fatal mistake (back in '93 or '94) of mixing margaritas (we had dinner at a Mexican restaurant) with red wine and beer. Not smart. To this day, that night is still referred to by those present as "The Night of Bob". The next day was hell on earth and I missed bus call. A bit later that same day, Kelly Holland, the singer from Cry Of Love (who I was with at the time) induced a world-class puking session from me by just talking about vomit – thanks, Kelly! Back to the present, I called a few of the guys to meet for breakfast at 10 – Spragoo, Mark, Drew, and Andy. Then, everyone went over to the venue to dump the truck and check everything out.

Back to the hotel around 4, where several of us decided to go back to Doro for dinner. Following dinner, off to the KISS show, to hang out with our buddies. My old friend Jim Survis (Joe Perry's tech for 17 years or so) was working for them, and he hadn't made it to the beer garden yesterday, so if for no other reason, I had to go to the show to see him.

A few shots:Strange shot, looks like a very tiny place, but it's not.





I'm not a KISS fan, so I had no desire to stay for the whole show. They opened with "Deuce" and "Strutter", so right there, I'm done. Saw everything I wanted to see. By the time they started their sixth song, me and 5 other guys were outside in the van heading back to our hotel.

To the bar, of course, where we had a few nightcaps before heading to sleep…

No comments: