Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day Off at Home

I thought today was going to be the day I flew out, but I talked to Roshad yesterday and I'm now flying on Tuesday.

Here's what sucks: I'm here at home for 10 nights, and have now spent 7 of them laying low, feeling like shit. Sure wish I hadn't gotten sick – but I guess it's better than being sick on the road.

Chris Phillips, the drummer from the Squirrel Nut Zippers, called me this afternoon to remind me that they were playing a show outside in downtown Raleigh tonight. By 8pm, I was feeling well enough to go down and see them. Got there 30 minutes before they played, hung out in the dressing room and drank beer with them.

I tour managed SNZ for 3 years back in the 90's, and I've got a million great memories of my time with them. It was good times then, and it was a good time tonight, too. I wound up watching the whole show and hanging out a bit afterwards before heading home around 11…

No comments: