Thursday, December 14, 2006

Show Day in Green Bay

I haven't mentioned here previously, but my mom's not doing too well right now. She's in the hospital and today she's supposed to have a stent put in her carotid artery. Easy enough for most folks, but she has some particular difficulties that could complicate matters.

Later on today…

The procedure's postponed until tomorrow morning. I hope that's a good thing. We'll see.


Today, we're at the Brown County Veteran's Memorial Arena. It's right across the street from Lambeau Field, the longtime home of the Green Bay Packers, and famous for it's "Frozen Tundra." One of our building folks has access to the stadium and takes us over there for a private tour. Us being me, Robert and Marcel. We got lots of inside poop, and got to walk out onto the field to take some shots:





Went to the stadium's Pro Shop after the tour. All 3 of us bought stuff. I got some cool Packers thermal pajama pants.

Yes, I'm a Carolina Panthers fan AND a Panthers season ticket holder. But I always liked the Packers growing up, and YES, I remember back when Vince Lombardi was their coach. (Remember, I'm an old guy.) I bought the pants. So there.

I guess out of guilt I'll need to buy some more Panthers stuff.

Got a new gig today. Got a call around 6pm to firm up something that's been in the works for a couple of weeks. Can't say just yet who it's with, as someone is being fired and that's why I'm coming in. I CAN say that it's a huge band, and I believe the tour's gonna start in mid-February in Russia. I was also told that the band will likely only tour overseas next year – no U.S. dates. How strange is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is OK...

I enjoy your blog.