Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Work Day in Chicago

Up at 6am. The goal today is to completely wrap up the loose ends of the tour, accounting wise. If I can knock it out, maybe they'll let me go home tomorrow.

By 8, I'm hanging out at the Starbucks around the corner. By 10, back in my room working. Still following up with some of the hotels to get the folios. I call the office and tell them I'll be over around 1, and ask if they have a desk I can set up at.

By 5:15, I'm done. Roshad, the tour manager, gives me a ride back to my hotel and we say goodbye. I like Roshad – he's a good kid. He'd be fun to work with on another tour, away from these crazy people.

Another dinner across the street at McCormick & Schmick's. Man, they play some schizophrenic music in here. Here's what I heard, in order:

Tone Loc – Wild Thing
Spencer Davis Group – I'm A Man
Genesis – Paperlate (or whatever that damn song's called)
Bowling For Soup – 1985
Plimsouls – A Million Miles Away
Blondie – Heart Of Glass
Foreigner – Double Vision
Gloria Estefan – Turn The Beat Around
Fountains Of Wayne – Stacy's Mom
Flock Of Seagulls – I Ran
Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way?
U2 – Two Hearts Beat As One

Sounds like the crazy way I like to program jukeboxes at the bars.

After dinner, back to my room to chill out. Flying home tomorrow.

No comments: