Friday, May 19, 2006

Day Off at Home

Wake up at 6, but I manage to fall back to sleep. Probably shoulda rolled out of bed, but screw it.

Did you ever have one of those days where everything's funny. Today's that day.

I love those moments where the absolute absurdity of something just cracks me up. I'm exchanging emails with Elton John's tour accountant and just laughing my ass off. Dude, it's 7:30 in the morning and I'm 'bout rolling on the floor.

Around 8:30, I'm sitting at Starbucks. Suddenly, Raleigh's turned into a cosmo city – a dude comes in wearing a skirt. Not a kilt mind you, a skirt. He's kinda professorial-looking, with a shoulder-style briefcase/man-bag, a black t-shirt, sandals, and an ankle-length cotton skirt. All the stuffy folks in the place stare at him. I wanna stand up and give him an ovation. Go brother, fuck with their complacency!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were in Raleigh on my birthday and didn't come out to Farris' for the big shindig???

--KP

Bobzilla said...

Sorry. I was incredibly busy trying to pack so I could move on my break. We'll have a beer later...

BD

Anonymous said...

I am dying to see your new house and find multiple ways to sabotage your strict daily routine. When will you be home? It's been a rough couple of months and I'd really like to see you when you get done learning how to jump and dunk with the best of 'em. Email me--my myspace is overwhelming; I now have two email accounts. Ugh. Same as always: kperiman@nc.rr.com