Monday, May 1, 2006

Day Off in Denver

Up early (as always). Today's our second day off in Denver. Ya just can't beat two in a row.

Read one of the local papers in my room, then head to Starbucks, where I have a scone and a latte and read USA Today. Back to the room in hopes of watching the race, which will start at 10am local time.

Rats!

Because the race got rained out yesterday, it's being run today. But instead of being on Fox, today's it's switched over to FX so that Fox can run their regular schedule. Problem is, the hotel doesn't carry that channel. Figures…

I don't really feel like sitting across the street at Doctor Proctor's and watching the whole race, so I skip the first couple of hours of it and do some work in my room.

Head over later and catch the last 30 laps or so. Dale Juniors not in the running due to an earlier wreck, so I’m pulling for Tony Stewart. Some idiot wins, I can't even remember which one.

I walk around for about an hour, then start making phone calls about my upcoming gig. Trying to decide between 2 different tours, and it's a pain in the ass to make this decision.

I decided yesterday that I've done more gigs at more different venues in Denver than in any other city. Let's see…

The Lion's Lair
The Bluebird Theatre
The Ogden Theatre
The Fillmore Auditorium
Fiddler's Green Amphitheater
The Paramount Theatre
The Pepsi Center
After The Gold Rush
Denver Coliseum (formerly McNichol Arena)
Invesco Field At Mile High Stadium

That's as many as I can think of. I guess I'll have to do an LA list next, maybe NYC, too.

Go back to Doctor Proctor's for a couple of pre-dinner beers. Grab some chow at Wahoo's again, then head to my room to chill out. Feels like I might be starting to get the bug going around the tour. Definitely don't want THAT shit.

In bed by 11:30.

No comments: