Saturday, May 6, 2006

Show Day in Los Angeles

Today would have been my father's 78th birthday. He died in 1987 on the day he retired, at the age of 59. He death from heart disease is probably the main reason I became a vegetarian the following year. Miss ya, Pop!

Today is show day one (of two) at Universal Amphitheatre. It's actually called Gibson Amphitheatre these days, but it'll always be Universal. This is only the third show I've ever done here. First one was in '96 when I was tour managing a band called My Head. We were the opening act on the Scorpions/Alice Cooper tour all that summer. Now THAT was a great way to spend a summer.

And I did a show here with System Of A Down in April 2005.

The venue is located in the heart of the Universal Studios tourist area. We're gonna stay here for our day off on Monday, so hopefully I'll get a chance to do some "touristy" stuff.

Show goes well. No load out, so we split fairly quickly and head to the bar at the hotel.

Ugly night…

No comments: