Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Travel Day to Dallas

That was one long-assed bus ride to get here. We left Phoenix last night at 1am and finally pulled into our hotel here just before 7:30 tonight. Take out the time change and that equates to a 16½ hour bus ride. We only made one combination refueling/poop break stop the whole way and averaged 65mph getting here. Hammer down!

John (production manager), Lyle (rigger) and I got the hotel shuttle driver to run us down to Deep Ellum, the cool neighborhood that USED to be full of bars and restaurants. I haven't been down there in about 3 years. I was completely shocked when we got there – everything's gone. All those cool bars have just disappeared. Freaky!

We wound up at Sol's Taco Lounge, a place I first ate at back in 2005 on the System Of A Down tour. The food is great and the service is friendly. A few other folks joined us later and the wardrobe girls talked John and Lyle into going to some dance club nearby.

I decide to take a pass on that idea and jump in a cab instead. I don't want to stay out late because tomorrow is laundry day for me…

No comments: