Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day Off in Chicago

Our day off here in Chicago is being spent at the Hotel Sax, which used to be the House of Blues Hotel. I've stayed here a bunch over the years. Great location – there are lots of bars and restaurants nearby – plenty to do.

Hung out in my room until it was time to meet up with John downstairs. We walked about 8 blocks to a bar called Streeters. Angela, our Production Assistant told me about it yesterday. She lived less than a block from it for a few years, so she knew what it was like and had decided that I would like it.

She was right. It's a little hole-in-the-wall, about 7 steps down from street level. The bartender was friendly, the crowd was both racially and generationally mixed, and the beer was cheap.

It's now my new favorite bar in Chicago. I can't wait to go back.

After about 6-7 rounds, we were joined by Lowell, our lighting crew chief. A few beers later, we jumped in a cab and wound up at a McCormick and Schmick's location a few blocks on the other side of our hotel. Had a killer meal and I was back in my room by about 10…

No comments: