Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Show Day in Columbus

I apologize – I'm not taking many photos on this tour. It's not that I'm not having fun; it's just that I'm not having as much fun as some other tours.

I'm also not doing many touristy things, or staying out late. If that sounds boring, you're probably right.

After the show tonight, our drive to Cincinnati is only 112 miles, so there's no reason to go to bed. I stayed up and drank beer during the drive.

We pulled up to the hotel around 3:15am. We're at the Garfield Suites Hotel, an old apartment building turned hotel. My room is huge. I have a living room, dining room (table and four chairs), two bedrooms, bathroom, and a full kitchen, containing a full-size fridge, a full-size (4-burner) stove, pots and pans, cutlery, and even a dang ol' dishwasher.

Which reminds me of an old joke I learned from Willie Nelson:

Q: How do you turn a dishwasher into a snowplow?
A: You give that bitch a shovel.

Hey, don't get mad at me, get mad at Willie.

This would be a great hotel to be in if you were in Cincinnati for an extended time. Of course, nobody in his or her right mind wants to spend any time in Cinci. Me included.

Got in bed a little after 4am…

No comments: