Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Day Off in Long Island

Woke up on the bus around 7am. Long ways to go, as we're only just now at Exit 6 on the New Jersey Turnpike. Nobody else will be awake for hours.

Here's the view, as we make our way east toward Long Island.



If you look real close, you might be able to make out the Statue of Liberty in the middle of this photo:



Hit the hotel just past 10:30 and it takes over 2 hours for me to get everyone their room keys.

We're at the Marriott across the parking lot from Nassau Coliseum, which looks like this out the window:



I decide to do my own laundry today, for two reasons. Number 1, none of the runners at these college gigs has ever been a runner before, so I don't trust them to get my stuff safely to and from the local fluff 'n fold. Number 2, there are 2 washers and 2 dryers on the lower lobby level of the hotel and I have nothing better to do this afternoon.

After laundry and some websurfing, I wind up downstairs at Champions, the sports bar in the lobby, around 6:30. Have a few beers and some steamed shrimp (which were great), and I'm back in my room by 8:00.

Fall asleep watching CSI New York. Wake up sometime after 11 and crawl into bed.

No comments: