Friday, May 15, 2009

West Palm Beach, FL - First Show

The day started early for me. Up at 6am, handled a bunch of email, checked out, and made it outside way too early for our 8:00 bus call. But it was nice to sit outside in the fresh air and read the newspaper.

We have eleven people on our bus for this leg of the tour. That's at least one, if not two, too many for me. I'm not claustrophobic or anything, it's just that the more people there are living on our little 45-foot submarine, the messier it tends to be. Such is life as a roadie…

Here's a photo of my new home for the summer:

Today turned out to be one of the best "first days" I've ever had on a tour. There are nearly 70 people out here, so I'm a long way from learning everyone's name, but everyone just couldn't be nicer. And that goes a long way towards having a good time on the road.

My Live Nation counterpart, Julie, will be sharing an office with me everyday. Also, because she doesn't have her own office road case, I'm letting her keep a bunch of her stuff in mine. I didn't have it nearly full and I'm happy to share.

The room we had today was pretty dang small, but as roadies must, we made due. The whole day went smoothly, settlement was painless, and I finally made my way out to the bus about 1:30am.

Looks like everyone on my bus is pretty mellow, no high-volume ESPN SportsCenter viewing all night long. No one turned the TV on at all; there was just some really good conversation. Live Nation Julie and I are the new kids, so it was good to get to know some of the other folks.

I finally crawled into my bunk around 4am…

No comments: