Friday, May 29, 2009

Third And Final Day Off in Pittsburgh

Up at 6am, knocked out the inbox and browsed the paper. Went down to the hotel gym and managed to run 3 miles. I'm pretty sure it's been at least 3 years since I ran that far. I'll pay for it tomorrow, but I was lovin' it when I was doin' it.

Walked down the street to the original Primanti Brothers location for lunch. PB's is a Pittsburgh institution. You may have seen it featured on any one of several TV shows, such as "Man vs. Food" or "Sandwich Paradise" on the Travel Channel. Their thing is to put the coleslaw and french fries ON the sandwich, not on the side. As weird as that sounds, it's unbelievably good. You can check out their website HERE.

A bunch of tour peeps went golfing this afternoon, and another bunch went to the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game tonight. Not being interested in doing either of those, I trekked back down to the Strip district around 6pm. Wound up sitting outside at Roland's Seafood Grill, a really cool place that's been around since 1959. If there was a Roland's was back home in Raleigh, I'd be a regular. It's that good.

Sat at a table outside (on the sidewalk) for a couple of hours, just sipping beers and trying to decide what to have for dinner. Settled on a six-piece shrimp cocktail (they were HUGE) and a lobster roll for dinner. I normally wouldn't order a lobster roll except in Maine or Maryland, but my waiter Justin said it was worthy. Awesome bread (from Mancini's), garlic, butter and a truckload of lobster meat. Killer meal!

You can check out Roland's Seafood Grill HERE. And you can bet I'll be back the next time I have a day off in Pittsburgh. Same goes for Primanti Brothers, too!

On the way back to the hotel, I stopped at Crystal, a combo Lebanese restaurant/dive bar (WTF!!!) that I had passed this afternoon. Turns out it's been featured on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives." Bartender was cute as hell, and the Buds were ice-cold. Too bad I couldn't stick around for a few more – gotta get up super early tomorrow morning because bus call is at 7am.

You can check out Crystal HERE.

Back in the room by 10 and in bed around 11…

No comments: