Monday, July 14, 2008

Travel Day to Raleigh

We finally got back to the hotel at 3:30am this morning. Sooner and I had lobby call at 5am, so there was no sleep to be had. I grabbed a shower, repacked and headed to the lobby about 4:45.

After we got to the terminal and checked in, we had breakfast, did some fast shopping and headed to our gate. I bought one of those U-shaped neck pillows, hoping I might be able to get some sleep with it. Not sure if it was because of the pillow or the complete exhaustion, but I did manage to sleep fitfully for about 30 minutes on our flight to London.

From there, we were taking different flights, so we said goodbye and parted ways. Sooner's great, I'm gonna miss hanging out with her. Hell, our whole crew is a great hang. I'm really gonna miss this tour when it's over early in September.

My second flight was Heathrow to RDU, direct. Slept for probably another 30 minutes on that one.

I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so I drove down the hill to the Ale House and sat at the bar for a couple of beers and a sandwich.

By the time I went to bed, I'd been awake for 45 hours on only 1 hour of sleep. I was damn glad when this day came to an end…

No comments: