Saturday, July 12, 2008

Show Day in Kinross, Scotland

Kinross is small town outside Edinburgh. The drive to the festival site was through a very lovely Scottish countryside:


Today's show is called the T in the Park Festival. 80,000 in attendance. Best thing about today was the fact that the catering was better than the normal Euro festival fare.

Andy Veasey, our Drum Tech, said the funniest thing about Scottish weather on the way to the gig: In Glasgow, if you can see the mountains, it's gonna rain. If you can't see the mountains, it's raining.

Andy's British, and is very wry and very, very funny!

As soon as I realized that Ben Folds was on the bill today, I went to track down his FOH engineer (Michael Praytor) and tour manager (Doug Goodman). Michael and I had done the Squirrel Nut Zippers together back in the 90's and I hadn't seen him in a couple of years. I've known Doug via email for several years, but we'd never met face to face. It was good to see both of them.

The kids here today were flying a lot of flags, more than I've seen at other shows this summer. My favorite was one that said "I hate flags." Duh… You can see it in the right half of this shot:

Got back to the hotel pretty late, I think around 3am…

No comments: