Saturday, July 19, 2008

Four Days And Counting

Every time I ride my bike, I go past a couple of soccer fields down at Kiwanis Park. The recent rains, along with the city's re-sodding efforts, yielded these fine fungi:

Big bastards, too. That's my size 11.5 foot in the bottom shot.

Which reminds me of a joke:

A mushroom walked into a bar, and ordered a beer. The bartender said "Sorry, we don't serve your kind in here."

The mushroom replied, "Why not? I'm a fungi (fun guy)."

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk…

Saw a buttload of terrapins this morning:

After finishing my post-ride protein shake, Paige called. She was bored, so I suggested she come over and go for a bike ride. I need all the miles I can get, but I wasn't really motivated to go back out by myself today.

Twenty minutes later, she appeared at the door and off we went. Five minutes into the ride, she spotted this little cutie hiding in a shadow:

So having taken a bonus ride with Paige, here's what I'm looking at:

Mileage today = 41.52 miles

Summer total = 294.64

Still behind, based on my per-day mileage requirements, but I'll be getting a lot of miles over the next few days.

Foy came over about 7pm, pizza in hand, to watch the NASCAR truck and Busch series races. Beer was consumed, pizza was eaten, Kyle Busch was cursed.

He split about 100 miles into the Busch race, and I was asleep in my chair 10 minutes later. All that bike riding tired me out…

No comments: