Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rehearsal Day in Auckland, New Zealand

OK, here's something I neglected to mention – and with my twisted brain, I think this is the coolest thing I've seen here so far…

At all of the intersections here (at least the intersections in the downtown area), the traffic from ALL 4 directions gets a red light at the same time to allow ALL pedestrians to cross streets in any direction, even diagonally. It lasts for 30 seconds, which is more than enough time to cross. It's so smart, yet looks so funny. There are people going every which-a-way, including crossing in a big X through the center. Yeah, I know, I should get out more…

Today, we loaded into a building on the festival grounds and set up the band's (HUGE) monitor rig for them to come in late afternoon and rehearse for about 90 minutes.

Afterwards, the monitor rig, along with the backline gear, was moved to the main stage. During which time, we relocated our production office to the trailer compound backstage that we'll be using tomorrow for show day.

Got back to the hotel around 10:30pm and everyone was too pooped to party. I went around the corner to the Queen's Ferry Pub alone for a couple of quick pints of Monteith's Golden. At least I had the (smokin' hot and very nice) bartender to chat with…

No comments: