Monday, April 2, 2007

Day Off in Los Angeles

Got up at 9:30 this morning and headed straight down to Starbucks, where I read the LA Times and USA Today while sitting outside. It was such a beautiful day here.

Called my sister Donna this afternoon to wish her a happy birthday. She's 50 today. Ouch! I can remember when she was just a kid.

Huh?

I should talk. I'll be 49 in July. Double ouch!!!!

Abby (our wardrobe chick) called me around 6 and asked if I wanted to join her at a Japanese place up the street for dinner, so I walked the 4 blocks up La Cienega and met her there. We both had a coupla pieces of sushi, then noodle entrees. I had the cold soba noodles with crispy fried tofu. It was rockin'. For desert, we split some raspberry sorbet.

I love me some Abby. We've done a bunch of tours together over the last 6 or 7 years. She dates Joey Jordan, the drummer from Slipknot, which was the first band I ever worked for as a tour accountant. She also does wardrobe for Prince and Bon Jovi. She's an ABsolute pleasure to be around. She's a bit ABstract, but funny as hell and she always brings the sunshine.

After dinner, she dropped me back by my hotel on her way to the Rainbow to meet a friend. I ran across the street to grab a six-pack of Bud and went up to my room to watch the second half of the Ohio State-Florida championship game, which sucked…

No comments: