Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Game Day in Raleigh

Came home to a dead air conditioner at the house the other day, so I had to stay at the hotel with the rest of the tour folks.

My damn car had died 2 days before I flew out to start the tour, so I had to rent a car. I snagged it as soon as we got to downtown Raleigh, grabbed my dirty laundry and headed to the house, only to walk into the inferno. Crap!

Had to go to a coin laundry, as the house was far too hot to sit there and do anything.

Got some quality time with a few friends while I was here. Couple of dinners, some beers. The System Of A Down crew was here, too, enjoying a couple of days off before Ozzfest (which is today, across town). So I called Janet, then went and picked her up at her hotel and took her to dinner with my gang. After that, we went and picked up some other System folks and I took everyone down to Slim's. A bunch of And 1 folks from my bus were there, too – I'd recommended Slim's to them as the coolest local bar in the downtown area.

Good time was had by all, 'til the wee hours.

I don't really want to get back on the bus tonight and leave, but I'll be home again in just a few more weeks.

No comments: