Sunday, August 13, 2006

Day Off in Norfolk

Finally, a hotel with a clue. Opened the door to my room around 4:30am and it was absolutely FREEZING in there. If you read this blog much, you know how much it pisses me off to get into a room in the middle of the night, only to find it's 80 degrees in there. No way in hell I can sleep in a hot room, so I usually crank the AC and go walking around for an hour or two while I wait for the room to cool off enough for me to sleep in it. Not today. I actually had to back the AC off a bit. Slept like a baby.

We have 3 days off here, and a game on Wednesday. The only thing I have to do today is watch NASCAR. Tough day, I know.

Went walking around for a couple of hours during mid-morning. This is the Waterside area of town. We're a few blocks away from the Norva, a killer club I've done shows at with a few bands. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby, along with a mall. If my room was across the hall, I'd have a great view of several Navy ships.

Lazy day, read the Sunday paper, watched the race. Grabbed some Buffalo Shrimp from Hooter's next door for dinner.

No comments: