Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day Off in Boston

I woke up when Danny pulled into a truckstop near West Haven, CT. That was around 4:15am, and after tossing and turning for over an hour trying to go back to sleep, I gave up, got dressed and sat up front with him for the rest of the drive to Boston. It was just pissing down rain.

We drove through a bit of the "Big Dig" getting into downtown. I kept my eyes open for falling panels.

Pulled up to the Sheraton Prudential Center about 7. Tossed bags inside, cranked up the AC and went out for breakfast.

Watched the race during the afternoon. My buddy Dennis showed up around 6pm to go to dinner. We ate at the Capital Room Bar & Grille, which is a steakhouse a step ABOVE Morton's, which means it's awesome. Dinner was ace. I even had a Martini afterwards, a real martini, not some foofy concoction of flavored crap, but a gin & vermouth one, with olives. Mmmmm, tasty.

After Dennis split, I wound up back in my room, watching some godawful Ben Affleck movie with Uma Thurman in it. I think it was Paycheck, but I’m not sure. Couldn't take it, went to sleep…

No comments: