Monday, March 6, 2006

Rehearsal Day in Kansas City

Well, I guess I deserved that. I was asleep last night by 9; so I was wide awake at 1:30am. Finally fell back asleep an hour or two later, only to be up for good before 5.

I make the 2 block walk to the venue and arrive around 7:45 for our 8am load-in. Gonna be a long day.

And a slow one. No high-speed internet service here. Which is really a bummer since we'll be here until Thursday night. I'm sharing a phone line with Bob Fontenot, our venue security guy. We're both using the one line for all of our calls AND for dial-up internet service. Man, I forgot how s…l...o…w this crap is. Three days of this is gonna be torture.

Out at 10:30pm, because the band never made it today. A bunch of folks head straight to the hotel bar – I join 'em for a while. Slap back a few $4.25 Buds and head up to my room shortly after midnight.

No comments: