Saturday, August 6, 2005

Show Day in San Diego

Wake up around 7:30. Load-in's scheduled for 8am. Head inside the venue to scope out my office for the day. Looks like we're all piling into one room today – Eddie (production manager), Janet (production office manager), Mark (venue security), and me. Ted (backline) and Andy (boffin) will work in the office off and on throughout the day, and around 6pm Mike (tour manager) and Sevag (assistant tour manager) will come in and set up. Needless to say, it's gonna be pretty damn noisy in here all day. I'd much prefer to have a small room all to myself, but it won't happen today.

Me and Mark (security) hike ¼ mile across the street to the Target store. He needs some toothpaste and I need a reading lamp for my desk – the overhead florescent (sp?) lighting in today's room just ain't gonna get it done for my tired old eyes. I could whip out my "readers", but I don't really like them and would prefer not to wear them. Find exactly what I'm looking for, a tiny 50-watt halogen desk lamp. They even have the color I wanted. Best $8.00 I'll spend this week.

Get bored around 3 and decide to walk to Starbucks. It's about ¾ of a mile away, and it's a completely beautiful day here. Get my drink and a little something to feed the birdies and head outside to enjoy the fresh air. One of the female employees comes by wiping down tables and strikes up a conversation when she hears me chuckling at something on the comics page. She's a big comics fan, too, and we spend about 5 minutes talking about each of our favorite strips.

I eventually head back to the venue, back to work. Nothing to report about the rest of the evening. Didn't watch the show. On the bus at 2am for our overnight to Phoenix for a day off.

Follow the Bobzilla's Photos link at the right to see photos from my travels.

No comments: