Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Show Day in Paris


Eiffel Tower
Originally uploaded by bd58.
Late arriving in Paris this morning – hit the edge of the city around 8am. I'm up with the driver doing my sightseeing from the shotgun seat. If you look close enough in the photo, you can make out the Eiffel Tower. OK, so it's a few miles away, but that's as close as we're gonna get today.

Today's venue is called Bercy. That's it. No sponsor names, nothing. Bercy. As far as I know it's the only venue in the world that has an exterior covered in grass. I've heard for years how they mow and maintain the grass, but until today I've never done a show here on mowing day. Their mowers look sorta like little hovercrafts and they let them ride down the slopes of the exterior via ropes. The guy on the left in the photo has his going horizontal to the ground, the guy on the right going vertical. Pretty cool to watch…

As usual, a sold out show tonight. The crowd's some 17,000 strong. I tried to get out to the front of house position to watch a song or two, but the floor is so tightly packed I can't even get ON it. Don't feel like swimming through The Sweaty Things, so it's back to the office for me.

After the show, we all have a big hang in the bus area. I finally head to my bunk around 2am in hopes of getting some sleep before the ferry...

Follow the Bobzilla's Photos link at the right to see more photos.

No comments: