Saturday, June 25, 2005

Show Day in Oberhausen, Germany


Ferris Wheel
Originally uploaded by bd58.
As I type this, the countdown timer's at 46 hours, 4 minutes and 15 seconds. That's how long it is until I step on the plane.

Overslept this morning because I slept with earplugs in. Nice and quiet! So… up around 9. Today we're in Oberhausen, Germany at the Area 4 Festival. Tonight Nine Inch Nails is on right before us. We'll be on from 10:30 to midnight, then depart around 2am for a 10 hour drive to the last show.

As always, it's raining here in Germany. Temp's around 76, with the high forecast for 80. Quite a relief from the last few days. Just checked the weather for Interlaken, Switzerland for tomorrow, our last day. They're looking for 94 today, 89 tomorrow. Crap! Can't wait to get home and sit in my air conditioning.

Pooch sticks his head in the office to tell me there's a Starbucks nearby. YAY!!!! FIrst sighting in 13 days. Off we go…

Turns out there's a H-U-G-E mall about 2 blocks away. I swear, there must be 300 stores or more. And there's at least 2 Starbucks. The place is unbelievably packed. There's so many people in here that it looks like Christmas. We walk around for about 45 minutes, window shopping but not buying anything. I get a few photos of the area – cool train station.

The head of security for today's show is my German buddy Bert, who did venue security for Metallica last year when I was out with them. He comes to hang out whenever he gets a break, and then comes back after the show to spend the last hour with me.

I meet Mark Tremonti during the afternoon. He plays guitar for Alter Bridge, which is the 3 dudes from Creed with a new singer. As much as I disliked Creed's music, I gotta admit that Mark is one of the nicest people I've ever met in this business. As is Scott Phillips, their drummer, who's also in Alter Bridge.

As usual, I don’t watch our set.

Just before rolling, we all give Werner a card, inside which we've all stamped our fingerprints. We also give him a bunch of McDonald's gift certificates. Don't ask, it's an inside joke. Tomorrow, I'm gonna give him a nice bonus for being such a great driver.

Bus call is 2am. We're off to Switzerland for the last show of the tour.

Follow the Bobzilla's Photos link at the right to see photos from my travels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.