Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Show Day in Manchester, UK

Ahhh, found the Ambien last night. Dead asleep around midnight. Up at 6am, feeling like a million bucks. Check email, and I'm waiting outside Starbucks when they unlock the door at 7. Hang out there for about 40 minutes, then it's back to the hotel for a shower. Bus call for my bus isn't until 9:45, so I've got some time to kill. Although we get free breakfast here at the hotel, I'll hold off for the catering at the gig. Can't believe this hotel doesn't have beans for breakfast. The traditional English breakfast consists of eggs, sauteed mushroom, broiled tomatoes, and baked beans. Plus meat for those of you that like to chew on dead rotted parts from animal corpses. Then again, eggs are just unfertilized chicken periods, so what do I know?

Doing our own show today here in Manchester at the M.E.N. Arena. That's the Manchester Evening News Arena for those of you in the audience. Typical Enormo-Dome. It was voted "International Venue Of The Year" by Pollstar Magazine in 2002 and "Busiest Venue Of The Year" in 2003. About 10,000 will be in attendance for tonight's show.

It's nice to be indoors after 4 rainy cold festivals in a row. I take a break during the afternoon to got get a couple of photos of the Boddington's Brewery, which is directly across the street. If you've never had a pint of "The Cream of Manchester", run right out and find some. I'll be picking up a couple of six-packs from the Peace Street Market as soon as I get home to Raleigh.

The show was uneventful for me. Tried to take a few photos, but they all turned out shit. Maybe tomorrow night…

Follow the Bobzilla's Photos link at the right to see photos of my travels.

No comments: