Monday, June 20, 2005

Day Off in Rotterdam, Netherlands


Mick Ridley Shares The Love
Originally uploaded by bd58.
Woke up around 10:30am on the bus, still another 2 hours to go to the hotel. Woke up roasting – seems the bus A/C has taken a crap. By the time we get to the hotel, we'll all be a bunch of miserable bastards. I have a leftover cheese sandwich from last night's aftershow food for breakfast.

Pull in to the Rotterdam Hilton about 12:30pm. Get my bus checked in. Turns out the other crew bus (along with the 2 band buses) got caught in the logjam caused by an accident in Germany. My bus passed the scene of the accident just after 8am, being delayed by it for only 15 minutes. We had bolted the venue an hour ahead of the other buses last night (wanted to spend every precious minute here, rather than there), to by the time the other buses got to the accident, the backed-up traffic was crazy. The other crew bus finally gets to the hotel at 5pm. I'm glad we split early – sitting still all that time with a broken A/C would have SUCKED!

Worked, showered, and generally lazed around the room until around 5:30, then went walking around in search of today's cool photo.

Nine of us go across the street to Thai Thani for dinner around 7. Great food. And for once, when we asked for extra spicy, we GOT extra spicy. Whew! By the end, everyone was sweating. Couldn't drink beer fast enough, but I sure tried! ;-)

After dinner, a few guys want to go to the Irish pub around the corner. I want to sit in the open-air plaza cafes and people watch while drinking, but I go along with the crowd. One beer there and we're done. Another round or two outside a cafĂ©, then off to yet another Irish pub. When a bunch of guys decide to take a taxi to a strip club, me and a few others decide to head home to the hotel. Twenty minutes later I'm snoozing…

Follow the Bobzilla's Photos link at the right to see photos from my travels.

No comments: