Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Show Day in Berlin, Germany


Berlin Beachfront
Originally uploaded by bd58.
Woke up around 8am on the bus. Sat up front with Werner (the driver) as we came into Berlin. It's such a beautiful city, everything is so green. It reminds me of North Carolina.

We're not supposed to load in until noon, but my bus is at the gig at 8:40. The local promoter wasn't expecting us, so there's no catering set up for us. Have a cup of coffee and a bag of crisps for breakfast and go set up my work area.

What a strange venue! The building used to be a train repair shop. Now it's an entertainment complex. There's an artificial beach set up at one end of the building, and there's a swimming pool built into the river. I've never seen anything like it.

It's another one of those days where I hardly ever leave production until 1am. Didn’t see the show, but I did take a few photos outside the building.

Drink a couple of beers with the guys on the bus after the show, and finally head off to sleep around 2.

Follow the Bobzilla's Photos link at the right to see photos from my travels.

No comments: