Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day Off at Home

Long bus ride overnight from Mansfield, Massachusetts to Raleigh, but I'm home for a day and a half. Yippee!

The bus dropped everyone at the Sheraton Hotel downtown, and I was gonna jump in a cab to get home (5 minutes away), but my awesome driver Charlie insisted (repeatedly) that he was gonna drive me to my house on the bus. I finally gave up arguing with him, so off we went.

Charlie, evil funny man that he is, as soon as he turned the corner, he started in on the airhorn and continued to blast it all the way down my street. I live on a 900-foot long street and he was taking his sweet time, too. Good thing it was 3:30 in the afternoon, so few people were home to gawk out their windows at the big ol' tour bus rumbling down the road, haha.

Charlie and my bus, pulling away from the house:

After he dropped me, I went into a frenzy. I have so many things to get done today and tomorrow, and not nearly enough time to do them all. I'll do what I do and to heck with the rest of it.

Tonight was our end-of-tour-leg crew dinner, held at Fins, an awesome downtown restaurant. We had the entire place to ourselves, which was cool. I wasn't planning on attending, but around 6, I changed my mind and called Paige to drag her out for it.

Spending the night in my own bed tonight, which will be nice…

No comments: