Sunday, September 30, 2007

Show Day in Sydney, Australia

Met Blaine in the lobby at 8 and we hit the Starbucks near the hotel. I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I gave up my Starbucks habit upon our return from Europe during the first week of June. I got tired of being a slave to the habit and decided that while I was at home, I'd use my daily indulgence money to buy lottery tickets instead. From one habit to another, I suppose.

Anyway, it was en route to the legendary Sydney Opera House, where we'll be for 4 shows this week. The SOH is about 3 blocks from the hotel and you walk alongside the Sydney Harbor to get to it.

The building:




The view of the harbor from near the building:


The bridge by day:


Blaine and I decided that we're gonna do the bridge climb on Thursday morning. You actually walk up the top of the span to the apex, which is some 485 feet above the harbor.

Here you can see some folks doing the climb – click on the photos below to enlarge them and then look close at the specs on the bridge.

No comments: