Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day Off in Melbourne, Australia

Since my Cingular/AT&T mobile phone doesn't work over here, I went out late morning and bought a local pay-as-you-go phone. The phone was only $79, and came with a $130 package of airtime and texting, which is probably waaaay more than I'm gonna use while I'm here. I can use it again when I come back in January. And again in the springtime if that tour works out.

Grabbed a sandwich on the way back to the hotel to take to my room. Got it from the killer restaurant/deli right next to the hotel called The Commune.

After lunch, I jumped on the City Tram with Blaine and Adam. It's the free tram that circles the CDB (central business district). A few shots of Melbourne:




We rode around for a while and eventually got off at the Melbourne Aquarium. Cost $25 AUD (Australian Dollars) to get in, but it was worth it. The best part was watching the 3 o'clock feeding.



Dennis, Blaine and I went out for dinner, stopping first for drinks at Spleen, one of the cool little bars on Bourke Street, near the hotel. Spleen, meet my liver…

Dinner was at Spaghetti Tree, an Italian joint. Afterwards, we hit The Elephant & Wheelbarrow again.

No comments: