Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Teardown

Well, it's finally happening in my neighborhood, on my street even. A teardown.

My street is all small cottages (mostly brick), between 900-1100 square feet (mine's 1030 sf). Most were built in the 1940's (mine in 1946) and I just love living here.

My house:



But time marches on and it looks like we're getting our first teardown. It's 708 Kimbrough, three houses down from me. Here's what it looked like this morning:




By the end of the day, this is what's left:



I'm sure that whatever monstrosity they throw up will be way too big and out of character with the neighborhood. Nothing I can do about that but accept it. I just hope they don't build the damn thing too close to the street. Every lot on my side of the street is 200-feet deep; they should at least line it up with the rest of the houses on the street and run it deeper into the lot.

Guess I'll find out when I get home in 5 weeks…

No comments: