Sunday, April 9, 2006

Show Day in Atlantic City

Don't get me wrong. I like gospel music. I just don't like it at earsplitting volume at 11:30 on a Sunday morning. Today we're at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ – a place I've never liked. This whole town gives me the creeps.

HOB's are famous for their Sunday Gospel Brunches. They always have these killer gospel bands, and fill the floor of the place with tourists and locals and such. The food kicks ass, too.

The problem being, it's fucking with our load-in. Lately, we've been loading in at 10am. Not today. The crew starts dumping the trucks at 11:30, but without full access to the room and the stage, it's gonna be a fast and furious afternoon.

Some things I discovered today about this venue:

1. The elevators are fucked up.
2. There are 119 steps up various staircases between my bus and my office.
3. I make this climb at least 10 times between 3pm and 1am.
4. I hate this place.
5. I hate this place.

I finally make it out to my bus just before 3am. Straight to my bunk.

No comments: