Sunday, May 13, 2007

Travel Day to Iceland

Woke up around 4:30, but managed to fall back to sleep for a while. Finally got up at 5:45 to start my day.

Got all my last minute stuff done just in time to leave at 10:30. Neighbor Charlene was kind enough to drive me to the airport. She was also the recipient of some goodies I was gonna throw out of the fridge.

Security was a piece of cake – I was through it in less than 5 minutes. I'm flying on American to Boston; arriving 3pm, then leave there for Iceland at 9:30 tonight. We'll arrive Monday morning at 6:30am local time and hopefully I'll catch a couple of hours of sleep before going to work. Load-in's at 8am, and all the crew folks flew over the other day.

Couldn't get my boarding pass in Boston because the airline I'm flying (Icelandair) only has the one outgoing flight every night, so the counter staff doesn't show up until after 5. So I found a killer restaurant called Dine Boston to grab a quick dinner. Their shrimp cocktail was among the best I've ever had, and I also had a lobster roll. A lobster roll is pretty much a hot dog of sorts – a hot dog type soft roll overflowing with huge chunks of seasoned lobster meat. Amazing…

Once I got ticketed up, I headed downstairs to the AerLingus lounge, in which they allow Icelandair business class travelers (oh, the perks!). Free wireless internet, so I put the Slingbox back home to use and watched the NASCAR race. Dennis showed up around 7 and we started drinking beer. Kinda got involved in that and we wound up being the last clowns to get on the plane, barely getting there before they closed the doors. Oops.

No comments: