Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day Off in Dublin

A day off in Dublin. What could be finer? Did a little of this and a little of that all morning, then went with Blaine to meet his buddy Mel for lunch. Mel and his girl are vacationing over here, and got engaged last night.

Followed that with some hang time at Starbucks, then back to the room for some chill time.

Blaine and I were back at The Temple Bar by 6:40 and Dennis showed up shortly after. Ran into Ivan while we were looking for a place to eat. The four of us wound up at an Italian place that was pretty good. I had the Fettucine Fruit de Mare. My first pasta of the whole tour.

After that, a little barhopping. No more Guinness for me, I'd gotten my fill on the first night off here. I can't drink but a couple of them before they start bugging me. Gotta have The King.

We were having a great old time, but at 9:30 I said I was bailing. We have a 4:15am lobby call for a 6:50am flight to Brussels. Which means I'll be getting up at 3:30. Kinda sucks, but whatcha gonna do? So everyone split…

I was in bed by 10:45 – gotta get every minute of sleep I can.

No comments: