Saturday, May 5, 2007

Still at Home

OK, I've been kinda slack with my blogging of late. Just don't seem to get time every day to mess with it. So here goes as much as I can recall from the last week or so…

On Monday, mom had the exploratory procedure done. The doctors have decided that the surgery will be needed and scheduled it for Thursday. Thursday morning, mom had a fever and an infection that prevented them from doing it. First they needed to locate the cause of the fever and deal with that. Surgery was tentatively scheduled for Friday or, more likely, Monday. It didn't happen Friday, so hopefully it will be Monday. I'm going down to visit her on Tuesday one way of the other.

Got my new camera a few days ago. It's the tiny new Sony DSC-T100. I've got a great Canon camera, which has a 10x optical zoom on it. It's killer and all, but it's just too damn big to walk around with whenever I wander around during my travels. I've been looking for something a little more "pocket" sized. The new Sony is really, really small, has 8.1 megapixels, 5x optical zoom and a beautiful 3" LCD screen. I'll try to have it in my pocket everywhere I go on the upcoming European tour. I took a couple of pictures of it to show you, but I forgot to get them off of the other camera's flash card before I left town.

Haven't been running much lately. I've developed a nasty case of Plantar Fasciitis, which makes walking, running, or even standing up pretty painful. It involves some of the tendons that run along the bottom of your feet, from the heel to the front. I've got a bunch of stretching to do 3 times a day, and I try to spend 30-60 minutes a day rolling my foot over a can of frozen tomatoes. Sounds silly, but it makes it feel a lot better.

Tonight, I'm hosting Jeff McIntyre's 50th birthday party at my house. Been frantically buying party stuff (food, beer, liquor, etc.) and cleaning the house.

No comments: