Saturday, April 25, 2009

Slim's 10th Anniversary

After seeing The Yayhoos last night in a smoke-free environment, I wasn't gonna go see them again tonight at Slim's, where the smoke is stupid thick. But after meeting my buddy Foy at the Falls Tap Room for a couple of beers and dinner, that's exactly where we wound up. Now, if I could just find my hearing – cuz I've damn sure lost it…

By the way, Slim's is Raleigh's rock n' roll bar. All the bartenders are musicians, they have a killer jukebox, and they book awesome bands. Whenever I have roadie buddies passing through Raleigh, Slim's is where I always take them for a good time.

I can't wait for the anti-smoking law to get passed here, because then Slim's becomes not just the best rock bar in town, but one of the best bars, period.

No comments: