Friday, April 10, 2009

Cute Little Inchworms

There's a quarter-mile stretch of the greenway where there must be 200-300 inchworms hanging down on silky threads from the trees over the trail. I think inchworms are about the cutest little boogers ever and I love having one sit on my hand and do his little inchworm crawl.

What I DON'T love is constantly walking into the little bastards. Or worse, running or bicycling face-first into them, sometimes not seeing them in time to change course.

All this week, I've been coming home from my walks, runs and rides covered in them. And yes, I even got one square in my open mouth while panting for breath during a run. Lucky for me (and for him), I spit him out.

My buddy Foy called mid-afternoon and we decided to meet up at the Falls Tap Room up near his house for a few late-afternoon brewski's on their patio. I'd never been there before. It was cool, I'll be going back.

After a few there, we dropped by a few of our usual haunts – Northside Billiards, High Park Grill, etc. No big haps tonight, just good beer and good times.

No comments: