Monday, April 13, 2009

Ah-CHOO!!!

Anyone who has ever lived around these parts will probably recognize this crud.

This first shot is one I took the other day following a brief morning rain shower.

This one was taken a bit later, after a bunch of that stuff had dried out. Nasty!

It's that time of year – the time when all the pine trees, which we have in NC in great abundance, release all of their pollen. It's all over my porch, my deck, my car. Hell, it's all over everything. It's so bad you can't open your windows for ventilation or the interior of your whole house will be covered in it.

I am soooo grateful that I'm not allergic to that stuff. I know a lot of folks who are miserable from it. And just as soon as the first massive wave of pine pollen has been released, the oak pollen follows it. Again, no problem for me, but others suffer greatly.

I don't know how it is that I’m not allergic to anything (or at least anything I've been exposed to yet), but I sure ain't complaining.

And I think I'd kill myself if I was allergic to red wine!

No comments: