Monday, June 18, 2007

Short Vacation in Baltimore

Flew to Baltimore today for a little break. My buddy Audley is playing guitar in Peter Frampton's band this year and their Baltimore show tomorrow is the only chance I'll get to see them this year.

The good news is that they had the day off here today, so we actually got some hang time.

My buddy Dave from England flew over yesterday to visit a friend in DC for a couple of weeks, so he came up this afternoon as well, and is gonna crash in my room for a couple of nights.

My plane landed around 1:15 and there was Dave to meet me. His friend (who hates to drive in the city) had dropped him off at BWI. We grabbed a Super Shuttle into town (won't make THAT mistake again), checked in, and headed out. We're staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel because that's where Audley's staying. Great location, right on top of the Inner Harbor area, which I love. I've actually vacationed here a couple of times and really like this area.

View from the room:



Dave and I went off to kill some time window shopping as Audley and his lovely wife Jen had taken the water taxi out to Fells Point and from there were gonna head to Fort McHenry (of Star-Spangled Banner fame). We weren't up to chasing behind them via the water taxi system, so we eventually found a bar by the water and sipped a few cold ones until their return late afternoon.

Wound up going to Little Italy for dinner later on. Poor Dave was totally knackered with jetlag and dropped out, so it was just Audley, Jen and me. Went to La Scala, which gave every appearance of being a mob-run place. Food was awesome, too.

Jen went down fairly early, too, leaving just Audley and me to go grab an after dinner drink somewhere and get caught up with each other.

No comments: